Commenter Mike weighs in on mynym’s recent post. I thought it deserved a post of its own.
Another thing I find typical (and the thread you linked to is typical of this) is that it’s always the Darwinist who wants to bring up Creationism and Genesis in an ID debate. Usually this is accompanied by accusations of trying to enforce your “religion” on them. Sooner or later they will bring it up and accuse you. It’s practically inevitable. Then it’s always followed by some form of: “Oh Yeah? Well, my god is better than your god! Watch me crawl back into her womb now so I don’t have to listen to you”.
Darwinists have no problem allowing themselves to admit “design” and “purpose”, as long as it’s attributed to Mommy Nature, and not any other god. The fact is that evolution is a theological pursuit. It is a creation myth, not science. That’s why it’s defended with such religious fervor, and why blasphemers are to be condemned:
The 10 Commandments of Materialistic Naturalism:
I am Mommy Nature, Who Self-Ascended from the Great Nothing, who created all that is seen and unseen (though the unseen existeth not), who affirms your randomly-generated illusion of the miniscule portion of reality you think you perceive.
1. Thou Shalt Love Me with all thy brain synapse firings and chemical reactions (for that is what Love is)
2. Thou Shalt recognize No gods before Me
3. Thou Shalt make an idol of DNA, and shall worship thy genome as an omnipotent agent of “progress”
4. Thou Shalt refer to me as “nurturing” and “clever”, and shall attribute “purpose” to me, though I do have No mind or being
5. Thou Shalt Not attribute to thyself any rationale for rationality, for thou were formed blindly, and by accident
6. Thou Shalt live a Lie, as if concepts of Mind do have inherent meaning, and are not the chemical processes they are, for thou art matter only
7. Thou Shalt believe in Non-Existence, and shall enthusiastically embrace it upon thy Death
8. Thou Shalt cite thy Imagination as Evidence of My Work, and shall do this by drawing fancy pictures of hypothetical ape-like creatures connected by arrows
9. Thou Shalt Believe in Chance, and not refer to it as Ignorance
10. Thou Shalt Not Believe in Moral Absolutes, yet thou shalt also refer to this belief as Good
Behold, I shall send you Messiah, the Holy Scientist who will reveal all, Redeeming all believers and Condemning all Blasphemers to lobotomies!